Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing all the rear window(backlite) molding clips on a 68 camaro that are located in the window channel. How are the clips removed. The tab on the clip that goes under the stud in the window channel is preventing the clip from being pulled out. I've yanked on these clips with needle nose pliars to no avail. What gives? Help please.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
you need to slide one way or the other, its a tapered slit that has a complete circle for the rivet head at one end. They should come right off .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx 4 the help. Got all 22 out. 7 at top, two each side, 11 at bottom. Also, with picture hanging wire removed the backlite/glass. The window channel has minor rust. 1 pinhole top right 3" down, one pea size hole bottom right 12" in, and one smaller hole bottom left 2" in. There are occasional rough areas due to minor rust. Don't think Por 15 is the answer. What about using a dremmel tool with wire brush to get the entire channel/trough shinny and lay down thin coats of fiberglass resin with fibers in it. Sand smooth, apply epoxy primer, install new clips, apply butyl tape to backlite and position, put molding on?:noway:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx 4 the help. The backlite/rear glass was removed with wire. The window channel has minor rust. i pinhole top right 3" down, one pea size hole bottom right 12" in, and one smaller hole bottom left 2" in. There are occassionl rough spots due to minor rust. Don't think Por15 is the solution. WHAT about using a dremmel tool with wire brush to make the entire channel/trough shinnyand paint coats of fiberglass resin with fibers in it, sand smooth, apply epoxy primer, install new clips, apply butyl tape to glass and position and put molding on. ?:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts