Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the rear window have a piece of sheet metal which the rear trim molding attaches to, like the front window? or does the molding push onto the window frame holding the headliner?. If that is so, does the window glass mount on the trim molding? MAJOR CONFUSSION! Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yes, the trim moulding does attach to the metal strip. The strip is attached to the roof structure via T-clips. The headliner is folded over the metal strip and the U-shaped trim moulding pinches that together to keep the headliner in place.

Scot

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scot, I notice you have many pictures of your car. Do you have one showing this metal strip?

Kevin

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yes I surely do, but not on my site. I even have an extra set if you want them. I will send a pic to you after I get home tonight. I'm at work right now.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ok Kevin, here you go.

The arrows on this pic are where the T-clips attach through the tack strip.

The bottom arrow is a hole that the T-clip goes through for attachment to previous pic. The other arrow is the tooth that holds the headliner in place for the pinch moulding.

This pic is the other side of the moulding, here also you can see the stamp for the manufacture date.

This is a complete picture of the metal strip.

This picture is of the passenger corner piece. The arrows are pointing to the slots where the T-clip attaches.

If you want, you can use my signature below and go to my website and there you can blow up the pic to a larger size if you need to. Also, I don't keep these pics on my webpage. I use this to upload them so you can see them and then delete em to make room for other pics I need to post. Good luck.

Scot

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Kevin just click on my link and then look for the pics under "Assist". They will be there, once you click on one, just right click on it and save to your hard drive. Glad I could help.

Scot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts