Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have someone with a freshly rebuilt (never installed) M-22 with bellhousing, clutch, TO bearing, shifter and linkage for a big block (I will have a 427) for $1600. Does this sound reasonable???

Bill

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I have someone with a freshly rebuilt (never installed) M-22 with bellhousing, clutch, TO bearing, shifter and linkage for a big block (I will have a 427) for $1600. Does this sound reasonable???

Bill
Does to me for an M22

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Sounds extremely reasonable. The tranny alone usually goes for more than that. Pick it up!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Damn....did I just get a big smile on my face. I got a true '69 M-22 with 454 flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, hurst shifter and arms, levers, fork, bearing and an aluminum bellhousing for $800 2 years ago. I didn't realize they are going for that much!!!!!!! :hurray:
They arent only about $400.00 whats your Paypal address so I can take it off your hands before its worth less.:D J/K You got a great deal on that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hell yea! Last time I heard they went for over 2K's. And that was used, But get numbers & or pics & see what your getting.Im jealous.:bow:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The guy is local luckily. Same source as my 12 bolt. It looks great but what else should I look for when I pick it up?

Also - what's the lowdown on bellhousings? How do you ID the different housings that will mesh with the 427?

Bill

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
They arent only about $400.00 whats your Paypal address so I can take it off your hands before its worth less.:D J/K You got a great deal on that.
Plum......what's funny is that it came out of a truck that my buddy built. He put the M-22 behind a 454 with rec. heads. The guy that bought it off him took all that out and put a 350/th350 combo in it. It was almost as good a deal as the '68 listed on my profile that I'm building. Complete running, driving 325hp/396 with a super T-10 and deluxe interior. Paid $2,000 in march of '05. Funny part is that I had to talk the guy out of taking it to the Madras speedway and dirt tracking it. I told him that's what the 1974 and above Camaros are for.....not the 1st gens!!!!!

I know......I know......give you my paypal address and you'll give me $3,000 for it???? LOL

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The original bellhousing for an 11 inch clutch behind a BB has a casting number ending in 621. If you search "621" on here, you'll also get the other castings that will work but are not "correct".

The 621's are now being reproduced and are supposed to be much improved. I regularly see original 621s in perfect condition selling for $200 plus.

The price sounds fair in today's market. Market prices for a good rebuilt Muncie setup helped justify buying my TKO...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts