Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to bring my control arms to a shop to get the bushings pressed out, and I came across this:
http://www.firewheelclassics.com/detail.asp?product_id=SUS62_63
For $130 for a complete (balljoints, bushings, etc.) control arm, why wouldn't it be more cost effective to buy these instead of rebuilding my originals?

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
From a cost point of view I think it would be better to rebuild depending on the shape of your control arms(mine were rusty and seemed weak where the bushings go). But if you're doing a ground up like I am, there is nothing like new parts alround. Sure hurts the pocket book tho:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Your looking at $139 with shipping.

-Balljoint is around $25
-Control arm bushings $55 ( set) / 2 = $27.50 for eash side.
-Removing and pressing ball joint and upper bushings I paid $8 each. So 1 ball joint and 2 control bushings = $24

Total = $76.50 and you have to clean, paint or powdercoat them.

There you go...You can save $62.50 a side.

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Whatever you choose to do, Firewheel Classics is a great place to do business. They are very customer service driven and their staff is great. I have purchased most of my parts from them. If you call ask for Patty.

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
I rebuilt my own when I did the front end 5 or so years ago. If you are able to do it yourself..then go for it. If you are not into doing the work then buy them done. To me its not a matter of time or money its the satisfaction of having completed another task on the Camaro :)

Kev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts