Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I have a couple of questions I can't find the answers to -

Is there a pound-inch torque spec for the glass plates and/or studs? Or, is it just make it tight and don't break the glass?

Second question, what tool or contraption are you using to form the back side of replacement regulator rollers? Yes, I'm trying really hard not to buy new regulators and I don't want to regret my lack of riveting experience in the future.

Pic of the replacement rollers below -

Thanks in advance

Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,446 Posts
Regarding the door glass studs, just lightly snug them down. They're only 1/4 ", IIRC or is it 5/16, but the torque rating wouldn't be much. Don't think there's much danger of breaking the glass as the metal channel is pretty light duty and will flex somewhat.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
The round fasteners with two holes in them that bolt the metal to the glass torque rating is 6 foot-pounds.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Second question, what tool or contraption are you using to form the back side of replacement regulator rollers? Yes, I'm trying really hard not to buy new regulators and I don't want to regret my lack of riveting experience in the future. "

Check this out... https://www.corvettemagazine.com/tech-articles/1968-1982-window-regulator-roller-rebuild/
The round fasteners with two holes in them that bolt the metal to the glass torque rating is 6 foot-pounds.
Regarding the door glass studs, just lightly snug them down. They're only 1/4 ", IIRC or is it 5/16, but the torque rating wouldn't be much. Don't think there's much danger of breaking the glass as the metal channel is pretty light duty and will flex somewhat.
Thanks guys, this is exactly the information I was looking for. Looking forward to having real roll up windows very soon. :beers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts