Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my holley 4777-2 rebuilt. Now I'm having backfire in my carb. I tried running richer to make sure its not too lean, and tried adjusting timing. What can cause back fire in my carb, it happens when i get on the throttle

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill double check, its possible I screwed up my wire order maybe. I double check that and go from there.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Are you getting a volcano fire snort?

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Are you getting a volcano fire snort?
I have honestly never heard that. I'm going to have trouble sleeping because of laughing my A$$ off.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
LOL belching fire out the top like Kilauea or Mauna Loa :) I try to be descriptive.

In any event that is almost always timing and or stuck exhaust valve blowing back through the intake and out the carb throat.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was no fire, just a loud pop every time i tried to get on the throttle. I reset my timing (again) and pulled my wires off and made 100% sure they were in correct order. Problem went away! Im pretty sure it was the wire order, I appreciate the help to get me looking at the right area. I was getting funnel vision on my carb.

Now to get the carb adjusted properly, I had it running very smooth but now its sounding messy (hard to explain) kind of splatty if that makes any sense, (probably not) lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts