Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a set of sweet Recaro seats this past weekend at a swap meet. I've also got the raggedy 1st gen buckets that came with the car.

Anyone have an opinion on what's the easier modification between taking the mounts from the old seats and welding them to the recaros or just fabbing new mounts for the recaros? thanks for your help

------------------
'69 Restification

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
JonT, did you have any luck with the Corbeau frames?
I have a pair of recaros also and was curious as to whether these corbeau rails will do the trick - the rails on the seats i bought are a bit rough so I'd like new ones i think.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have been looking into swapping in Racaro's on my 68. In talking with the performance store that sells the seats, the guy indicated that they would be a direct bolt in. I would check directly with a shop that sells Racaro's as I am almost positive they have direct bolt-in brackets for them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
As another thought, I don't know what year you have, but if the seats are restorable they are worth some money. There was a guy looking for seats for a 68 in another section.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys - I'm still working on installing a Vintage Air unit - then dynomat - then carpet - then seats. So I haven't gotten around to either taking the rails off the old seats or checking out the Corbeau's.

Has anyone actually used the Corbeau's? I definitely recommend a set of these Recaros over the original seats. They look like they're going to fit real nice (I had them sitting in the car for a while) and way more support.

·
Registered
154 Posts
well I just took my Recaros into the upholstery shop this morning for a bit of refurbishment. I got them out of a BMW and they need a little love but - OUCH! - its going to cost me. Still, the guy's going to recover them in Black vinyl like my existing interior and redo the stitching to match my rear seat so they should look sweet when they are done and I'll finally have a headrest and some lateral support. New foam and webbing too so they'll basically be brand new and still for less than a new set of Recaros. More than Corbeau seats though so I hope you're right, Green68, about the difference between Corbeau and Recaro....=)
Corbeau seats looked nice but seemed a bit fatter than these I have, if you understand me.
They were really comfortable when I was sitting in them in the apartment but until I can figure out the rails I wont be able to try them properly in the Camaro.
I noticed there was a recent thread with someone wanting a set of 68 buckets so i might have to get in touch and see if he's still looking.
JonT, when you get round to the Dynomat I'd be interested to hear how you get on and how much of it you need. I'm wanting to do the same to mine as it'd make a nice change to hear the stereo over the engine once in a while....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts