Team Camaro Tech banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Wow, some good detailed info. Thanks guys

· Registered
511 Posts
Would a heat gun or hair dryer help with the drivers side vinyl flooring from curling? Also, using some 3M adhesive?

I bought ACC carpet, as well as the underlay (jute) matting. I see pictures here of the carpet that already has the matting on the carpet's backside? I have not had the carpet out of its box yet, so I don't know if this is my case.

If so, do I skip the installation of the jute, and just use what is on the carpets backing?

17,002 Posts
Would a heat gun or hair dryer help with the drivers side vinyl flooring from curling? Also, using some 3M adhesive?

I bought ACC carpet, as well as the underlay (jute) matting. I see pictures here of the carpet that already has the matting on the carpet's backside? I have not had the carpet out of its box yet, so I don't know if this is my case.

If so, do I skip the installation of the jute, and just use what is on the carpets backing?
Did you buy Mass Backed ACC Carpet?

· Premium Member
3,136 Posts

Did you buy Mass Backed ACC Carpet?
Yeah, you don't need ANY extra if you got the ACC with the mass backing, mine was thick!

· Premium Member
5,552 Posts
If I recall properly the founder of ACC was killed in a plane crash several years ago. Never heard a complaint before that.

· Registered
4,424 Posts
Wow, some good detailed info. Thanks guys
I add another layer of jute but cut around the drivers raised part of the floor 5" area giving that side a level area to carpet and the rest lays better. I 3M 77 on the tunnel and the rockers and this helps.it to fit and stay. I also use styrofoam inslation as is done on many new cars.Many products can be used for insulation
Flooring Gas Composite material Wood Machine

,but cut around the drivers raised 5" area giving that side a level area to carpet and the rest lays better. I 3M 77 on the tunnel and the rockers and this helps to fit and stay.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts