Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to research everything before I do it, so what do you guys suggest as far as documentation for fixing up my '68?

It isn't really going to be a complete restoration - I will be putting in aftermarket seats - but where can I find out information on pulling my old carpet, putting a new one in, replacing my dash pad, fixing the inside door panels, the rear panels, headliner and stuff like that?

Thanks,
Kyle

·
Registered
78 Posts
The factory assembly manual was the best money I've ever spent for my Camaro. All of the parts places have them and it gives very detailed documentation about every aspect of the car. It does not give any how too’s or tips but has very good exploded view pictures of everything in the car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Definately get the factory shop manual. I also have a book called "How to Restore Your Camaro". they tear apart a '69, but most of the stuff is similar. You can get it through Classic Industries for about $15. I also saw another one in there, so you might just ask them which is better for what you want to do. As far as carpet goes, do a search back to around February or so under my name. I went through a process a resto shop turned me on to which seals everything up pretty nice. Good luck.

·
3,176 Posts
the following are get high milage here:
Camaro White Book---
Body by Fisher---
chevyrolet by the Numbers 1965-1969---
Catalog of American Car ID Numbers
1960-1969---
Chilton"s General Motors Camaro 1967-1981 Repair Manual # 28280---
Chilton's Camaro 1967-1981 Repair Manual # 6735 different than one above---
Camaro Restoration Handbook---
How to Paint Your Car & Welders Handbook both for us Beginners
--
catalogs===Classic Industries/The Paddock/D&R Classic Automotive/Year One/ Ricks online catalog--
any and all Car Mags that have any article with a 1st Gen Camaro article---
GROUNC UP RESTORATIONS and the most important books to be found besides my wifes checkbook, those that are in the minds of all the members here on the Team Camaro Site. Thanks and Mahalo out to all of you--
Jeff 68/69 RS's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.