Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 15 year old and I are about to tackle a small block rebuild. The last one I did 20 years ago spun a bearing at 11 miles and I quickly threw a rod after that. Of course, the nitros didn't help, but that's another story.

Anyway, I am looking for a good book to help my son and I do this right, but simple enough that he can understand what we are doing. Some have said there are video sets out there, but seems like a good book would have a lot more important detail.

-shoe

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
How To Rebuild Your Small Block Chevy By David Vizard. You might be able to check it out at your public library.

alan

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
wow!

that book has been around since i was a kid.....

all of us should have it!!!!

since i have forgot more than i know

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
"The Step by Step Guide to Engine Blueprinting" by Rick Voeglin ISBN 1-884089-7 Takes you step by step through rebuilding a SBC correctly. If you have ever wondered what a Ford small block :boring: looks like Tom Monroe does the same thing his "Engine Builders Handbook". "Pro Engine Blueprinting" by Ben Watson ISBN 0-7603-04240-6 does a better job of explaining the theory of what is going on in an internal combustion engine by using line drawings rather than photo graphs so that the important ideas are not lost in the background. But I think Rick Voeglin would be next book to buy after David Vizard's

Larger Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts