Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at possibly purchasing 4 redline radial tires from Diamondback Classic Tires out of Conway, SC., My 67 Camaro is all stock including the suspension. I have the stock 14" rally wheels (6")wide rims. What tire size in the 14" would be recommended for looks, & to have no tire to control arm- tie rod interference?? I was thinking of either the 225/70R/14 OR the 215/70R/14 on all four corners?? Need suggestions ASAP

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
They came stock with D/70-14's which is about a 200/70-14 tire.

And I have had old-fashioned G/60-14's on the front on stock 14" x 6" with 3.75" b/s steel rims as well as E/60-14's on 14" x 7" with 3.5" b/s slotted mag's..

Go from there but I will say that you probably should go in not out b/c my 7" rim's hit my wheel opening mouldings every so often..

pdq67

·
Registered
296 Posts
F70-14 Redlines were on my momn's 67FB when new.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Here's a page out of GM's "Getting Acquainted", an early promotional piece for the Camaro that predates introduction of the 396 and Z28 models. Note the comments about the tire selection:

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
I took my son back to school yesterday in Huntingdon, Pa. We were eating at a local diner when a black 67 goat rolled by. From where I was sitting that car was gorgeous. My kid started harping on the redwall and I had to tune him up a little bit. :rolleyes:

Steve

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does anyone have a set or seen a set of the Diamond Back classics. I've just recently seen there ad and like the idea of the redline radials in the sizes that we run today. I've checked into it enough to know the tires are a little spendy, which is okay if they look good and are a decent tire.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I run Diamondback Classic red lines on my car. I put 215/70R/14 on original 6" FC rims. They rub a little when you turn sharp parking, but other than that they are fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts