Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just purchased this car. It came from the East coast. The person he purchased it from here in California didn't have lots of information about the car. It has a big block with a Dart block, Dart Pro 1 heads, Performer RPM air gap manifold, A/C, 2004R transmission, Ford 9" rear, and Wilwood disk brakes on all 4 corners. It's a nice clean car. There are some issues that need to be rectified. The first two are getting the rear of the car down over the tires and changing the exhaust. As of right now we have no idea what displacement the engine is or which cylinder heads it has. My friend is not on the internet. As we dig into this car I might share some of what we do to it. He wants to get more power out of it. Right now I guestimate that it makes 400-450HP. It has good parts and should respond very well to modifications. No race car just a potent pro street car is all he is looking for.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro 1975 camaro
474 Posts
Dart big block with dart heads? Heck I would hope it would be more than 450hp! But I get you, we always need more! Nice looking ride!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
The Dart heads should be stamped on the end. Also, if you remove the valve cover you'll see a cast number that should indicate intake runner size. This is how mine were anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dart big block with dart heads? Heck I would hope it would be more than 450hp! But I get you, we always need more! Nice looking ride!
It should be but the last owner put shorty headers on it and 2" non-mandrel bent exhaust out to the back. At idle you can hear the air as it exits the tail pipes. It's way down on power from where it should be.

The Dart heads should be stamped on the end. Also, if you remove the valve cover you'll see a cast number that should indicate intake runner size. This is how mine were anyway.
It has a serpentine accessory drive with A/C that covers the end of the heads. You can see the Pro 1 by the exhaust ports. The smallest Dart Pro 1 head that they make is a 270cc oval port. Should be able to make good power with them or a larger set. We'll find out soon what they are.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like it has the potential to be a stout pro-street ride. Why someone would put a 2" non-mandrel bent exhaust on a big block like this one is beyond me. Glad to see it's going to be dropped over the tyres in the rear as levelling the stance out would really enhance the look. With the way the tubs are currently setup - is there enough room to bring it down as is or will there be some reworking in order?

Keep posting updates as they come - I feel like we rarely see pro-street builds on here anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like it has the potential to be a stout pro-street ride. Why someone would put a 2" non-mandrel bent exhaust on a big block like this one is beyond me. Glad to see it's going to be dropped over the tyres in the rear as levelling the stance out would really enhance the look. With the way the tubs are currently setup - is there enough room to bring it down as is or will there be some reworking in order?

Keep posting updates as they come - I feel like we rarely see pro-street builds on here anymore.
It definitely has potential. The person that my friend purchased it from purchased it unfinished. It had long tube headers but to make them fit they took a grinder to the steering box. This person changed the steering box and went with shorty headers and the small exhaust. They also finished installing the rear end. Unfortunately the Qa1 coil overs are hitting the brackets on the rearend housing. We need to modify the shock mounts to get the coilovers to clear and we can lower the rear several inches. It's a great car with some great parts but it has some issues. I'll post more as we dig into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts