Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my 84 camaro, under the dash on the right side of the steering column is what i think is called the conveinence center, which holds relays for flashers, horn, etc. what i want to know is this.; is one of the relays in the conveinence center for the choke or for the electrical charging system? i was under the impression it was for the electric choke , so i disconnected it as it was buzzing and the choke like was glowing dimly and followed by an annoying buzz, it wasnt consistant, it happened only once in a while, so i yanked the relay and ran a keyed power wire to the electric choke. but now i bought the chilton manual for my car and it is showing that same relay as being the charging system relay, so now im confused, especially since im not having any charging probs, although i did notice whein i 1st start the car when i depress the pedal and race the engine it will make the voltage meter rise slightly above the normal mark, and it will stay there or at the normal mark, but if i dont give that initial race, it stays slightly below the normal mark and the power increases with acceleration. my choke is working fine , so im stumped. im really not having any problems im basically just curious to properly identify this relay.

------------------
1984 Chevy Camaro (305)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts