Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pedal seems to have been shortened at some time. It came from factory with 327 and 350 trans. The auto trans. pad I have is too long. I know I can add to it just don't want to weld in there. How do I take it off and what cars will interchange with it?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
It's really easy Robert, just slide under there and follow the pedal up with your hand. At the top there is a cross shaft that holds the pedal in place. At the ends of shaft are clips, you can use your thumb and pop one off (gas pedal side) then slide the shaft out the opposite side. Watch your face as the pedal will fall. There are nylon bushings in there that might or might not have to be replaced.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
My pedal seems to have been shortened at some time. It came from factory with 327 and 350 trans. The auto trans. pad I have is too long. I know I can add to it just don't want to weld in there. How do I take it off and what cars will interchange with it?
That tranny was never offered in 67 with a 327. Camaro - Transmission

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies guys! Does anyone know what kind of car I can get one off of that's the same.

Sauron67MM my car was a powerglide originally then? Thanks for the education.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Thanks for replies guys! Does anyone know what kind of car I can get one off of that's the same.

Sauron67MM my car was a powerglide originally then? Thanks for the education.
Need more info on a 67 to determine what it was. Read this from A-Z: Camaro Research Group

·
13,850 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
It's really easy Robert, just slide under there and follow the pedal up with your hand. At the top there is a cross shaft that holds the pedal in place. At the ends of shaft are clips, you can use your thumb and pop one off (gas pedal side) then slide the shaft out the opposite side. Watch your face as the pedal will fall. There are nylon bushings in there that might or might not have to be replaced.
Just to add what Luwi67 posted above, is there is probably a rod attached below the pivot he is talking about that pushes forward through the firewall to the input of the master cylinder to activate the brakes. This rod is probably on a clevis type end with a small cross shaft pin that goes through a hole in the brake pedal. You will have to look to see how this pin gets removed.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts