Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to site, was hoping I could get some advice on how to remove the rear bench seat in my 67 camaro. Im trying to replace the seat belts, and am having great difficulty without destroying anything. Thanks any info greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
At the bottom of the seat there are two "holders" that need to be released. Push the bottom of the seat toward the rear of the car from the bottom on each side of the driveshaft tunnel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You might be able to see the hooks that hold the seat down. Use a flash lite, look under the bottom of seat left and right side of tunnel. You need to push in on bottom front real hard where the hooks are. To get them to release. It is not hard to do. You only have to do it once. To see how they work.
Ron

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I posted this for someone else on 9/28. Thought I'd put it here. Next time do a search alot of questions have all ready been answered many times.

Removing 1st gen back seat:
Here is how I do it. First look under your back seat about 5 inches in from the ends you will see a hook in the floor, one of the rods on the bottom of the seat is hooked into that hook they might be a little rusty so spray wd-40 or equiv. on them to make it easier to slide out.

Now position yourself just out side the driverside door put your left hand near bottom of the seat near to where the hook is and push in (meaning towards the trunk) and up you will feel it release then do the same on pass side. Then after you pull the bottom piece out you will see 2 bolts at the bottom of the top half of seat remove them and lift it straight up and out. It's only hanging on 3 hooks. That's it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Steve F

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find it as invaluable as I have. This site has so many really knowledgeable people onboard.

Great advice on where to push to release the rear seat, but if your shoulders are as bad as mine, I couldn't push hard enough by hand to get them loose. (It sucks to get old, but it beats the alternative!) Anyhow, I used a couple of short lengths of 2 x 4 against the bottom of the front seat (with pads of course) and another slightly longer length to form a simple lever arm to push with. It was a whole lot easier on this old body.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts