Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 69 Camaro Z28. I'm looking for recommendations on what manuals I should get. I have the 69 Camaro assembly manual sold through the Classic catalog but that does not include engine and drive train info. I see the Haynes and Chilton manuals but there has to be more than that. What should I get?

·
Registered
428 Posts
The factory Overhual manuals will help you if you are rebuilding your engine, transmission, starter, carb, a/c Compressor, etc. The factory service manuals will help for everything else. I would get a Chiltons or Motors manual, they would be cheaper and get more use that the other two manuals.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Burgettstown, Pa
Favorite Quote - Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673

·
Registered
252 Posts
In general the Chiltons books are better thann the Haynes. Might check around for a factory service manual, Helms Inc. makes these but I'm not sure that they go back this far. Be the best out there if so. tom

·
Registered
407 Posts
COLORADO Z, if you are in Denver or ever visiting, drop by Colorado Car Books at Belleview and Broadway. They have a great selection on the rack of Camaro specific books and restoration guides. Neal East, the owner can order just about anything for you. He will also have older literature from time to time that is fun to look at. This is a great place to stop and browse for your manuals!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts