Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Welcome Back - Senior Tech
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this old project is coming along pretty nicely. Both inner and outer rockers have been replaced along with a lot of door jamb and lower quearter work. The floor pan and lower firewall will go in next week. Next, I'm moving to the wheel wells. Both sides are shot. So I've read about how much of a pain it is to put the outer wheel wells on with the quarter installed but how about this plan. I wanted to rip out the inner and outer at the same time then replace the outer first once I get it fitting decent. Any big problems with this? 1969 camaro coupe.

Sorry about the long winded post just wanted to give an update along with my question. Thanks!!

·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

here is what we have removed and replaced so far :). And all because I broke one subframe bolt.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow....thats alot of work youve done already. Replacing those wheel wells with the quarters on might be tough.....I really dont know how I would do it, I replaced my outers with the quarters off. I guess just lots of tricky spot welds to drill out. That is by far the hardest part in taking a car apart for me: drilling out spot welds. I can just never seem to hit the center of the weld with the drill bit.

I guess if you have the floor out near the inner wheel well then maybe getting the inner wheel well spot welds removed is pretty much done.

·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well to follow up on my own thread. I talked to a fellow at Restoration World and he said as long as the rear end is out it should not be that bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts