Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to put my new headliner in my 67. I have removed the old one, cleaned up the 4 bows, making carefull notes and marking them so I know where they came from and which holes they go back into, but in looking at the headliner, on the underside of it, there are 5 flaps where you can slip a bow thru. It's marked as far as which end is the front. Why are there 5 flaps? Or is this because the same headliner will fit other cars? Also, I have read past posts that it should be done in warm weather. Well, it's 10 degrees outside tonight, but I can heat the garage up to about 70 if need be. Will that along with a heat gun give me a fighting chance of getting this thing in ok?

H

·
0 Posts
sounds like you did the same thing as i did. there is 5 rods look carefully around the dome light there is another one it is smaller and may have like teeth on it that grabs onto the headliner i also overlooked it when i took my old rotted one out. i pondered with the idea of putting the new one in myself but decided to let a professinal do it and now i am glad i did. good LUCK

·
Registered
16 Posts
Killerb,
I am in the same boat as you right now. I have the 5 rods threaded and snapped back into place. According to several different websites (including this one) It is imperative to let the liner sit in the warm sun for a few hours. It is a royal pain to install a headliner without this crucial step! The same goes for the install on vinyl tops.
Also, I do not plan on gluing the sides. The pinch molding (if in good shape) will hold it no problem. Good Luck

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts