Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to replace the top on my camaro, and the supplier of my new top does not offer any instructions. Does anyone know where to get good instructions? I went to my local Chevy delear, to find out if the information was in the service manuals for which I might consider buying, or if I might need any special tools, but got the runaround - see the parts dept, no, go to go to service department-------probably wont go back for anything I might need in the near future haveing been treated like that.
Thanks everyone
Rod

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rod:
Be very careful for doing this work. I try to do most of the work on my car and thought I could change the top...well it didn't go very well and I ended up damaging the new top and had to by another one and get professional help. Try to find someone to help you.

Another thing, changing the top required middle operation of the top mechanism meaning the top operation was stopped in the mid position. While doing the work, I noticed transmission fluid leaking in front of my passenger rear tire. Well, what had happened is I blew a seal on my passenger side hydraulic cylinder. During my discussions with a convertible top parts distributor, he told me the cylinder may have been weak or worn but continued and middle operation of the top was not good on the cylinder/system.

So not only did I have to replace the top, I had to replace the hydraulic cylinders and clean a big mess in my car and garage floor.

Post pictures and let us know how it goes for you.

Good luck,
Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts