Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys all know the latest drama with my floor pans...I don't have any! While I am waiting on the ones I got from a member here, I thought I would ask about the rocker, inner specificly. Which do I need to buy? Ground Up shows two. I am assuming that the more expensive is the inner and outer, and the less expensive is the inner that I only need a section of. (Sorry, I tried the picture thing again and couldn't do it...)

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Mary Beth, I would buy the inner section only. The more expensive version is the complete rocker (inner and outer) assembled and ready to weld in.

Be careful how you cut your patch- think carefully about which section(s) you need to replace. Measure twice, cut once!

·
Welcome Back - Senior Tech
890 Posts
Yep and be careful that you don't buy the convertible type because they are different! If you really want the highest quality go with Hearbeat Cities. They are made in the U.S. and a few people have said they feel heavier. If you get into the inner and it looks real bad replacing the whole thing is not that bad at all. Good luck, you can do it

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Measure twice huh? More like 5-6 times just to be sure. My plan is to do the front half of the inner, but all plans on this thing have gone south....:mad:
This weekend, provided my homework is done, is to remove the front end, and engine. Then over the next few weeks we'll tackle the rocker and floors when they get here. What is the best way to tackle the inner?

·
890 Posts
Well to be sure that the areas that look good are good, you can take a little hammer and lightly beat on the inner rocker. If it doesn't dent and gives you a good ping back then you have a good idea that the metal is still atleast decent. I've never patched a rocker though. The best advice is taking thousands of pictures and before you tear anything off the car brace it!

·
890 Posts
My rockers were shot so we didn't trust it. We took 1" square tubing and braced across the doors at a diagonal (spelling?). We then conected the front and back of the tubing across the interior of the car. At one point we pretty much had no structure in the car. We just finished body work and according to my measurements nothing moved an inch! If you need pics of it I can try to post it tonight. Its precautionary but its half an hour of work that gives much peace of mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts