Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help with a source of parts for the repo brake boosters? the type with Delco Moraine stamp.
The circlip in the master cylinder has gouged the plastic part of the booster that holds the metal pushrod,this allows air to leak through the front seal and won't retain vacuum.
The brake shop (New Zealand) said they have seen this issue before,the vendor (USA)had never heard of it and couldn't supply parts but did offer a 20% off a new booster.
Regards Murray

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
Hi can anyone help with a source of parts for the repo brake boosters? the type with Delco Moraine stamp.
The circlip in the master cylinder has gouged the plastic part of the booster that holds the metal pushrod,this allows air to leak through the front seal and won't retain vacuum.
The brake shop (New Zealand) said they have seen this issue before,the vendor (USA)had never heard of it and couldn't supply parts but did offer a 20% off a new booster.
Regards Murray
Murray, That's the story most guys get that no one on earth has ever heard of this problem before, especially if it's their product.

Hard to believe no major auto stores don't or can't order a booster for you , even if it has to have the Delco stamp. Aren't boosters on the drivers side on your local camaro's? Or do you call them something else?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Murray, I'm not sure about your issue either but I'd contact Steve Gregori (spelling?) at Brakeboosters.com and see what he says or can advise. Steve is great guy and know he would offer some advice. I'm not sure but probably most of the Camaro house suppliers are selling the same unit but not sure on that. I'd find out more on yours before bolting for another but realize your seasons are opposite of ours so you probably want to be on the road soon.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
They are making repro boosters with the Delco stamp upside down now, which is "correct". Ground-Up Restorations was a supporting member here. They used to offer a 10% discount if you gave them your membership#.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies and good suggestions,I hope they now get the O more correct on the later repo's
Just thought I would try and repair the repo booster as we do in NZ due to the shipping cost and the NZ$ being worth US 69 cents.
I did notice the repo sat on a steeper angle than the original and required the rear fluid reservoir to be kept a lower level.
I have the original correct booster which I will have replated, I have perchased a remanufactured booster (Rock Auto) to keep me going for now.
This booster is very simalair to the original but lacks the stamp and has metric studs so is probably post 82.

PS Don its the steering wheel we put on the other side we leave the booster were it is lol.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
Murray, I have to ask since the booster is still on the left side of the car, how are the pedal arrangements set up to push from the right side of the car to push plunger thru the firewall on left side??

My first thought was the dual pedal set up on lots of our old driver training vehicles. You know, two steering wheels, two sets of pedal and accelerators pedals.
In case some guys are not up to date here, Murray is from NZ, down under.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Problem Don,My wife always maintains she is a better driver than me so I left the pedals on the left where she can control the speed and brakes.
No all jokes aside.
In NZ if the vehicle is over 40 years old the steering can remain on the left, New left hand drive imported vehicles require a permit to remain left hand drive which I think is limited to 600 vehicles a year.
Regards Murray

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I hope this doesn't offend you Murray, but whenever I see your name and knowing where you're from, I can only think of "Roll Call: Murray....check!" from Flight of the Conchords.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No offence taken,I love a bit of banter.
How the hell did you ever see that program
Regards Murray

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
Only movie from down under that I really enjoyed was "Burt Munro , Worlds Fastest Indian"

Sill cracks me up when I see someone with a flat tire on a trailer and no spare or Burt filling the cracks in his tires to pass inspection.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts