Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone had experience with one of these yet? Would like to purchase one but I don't have any faith in repro's. Does it looks original, from front, from back. How does it work? I would think it would be a little more accurate than the 34 year old tach. Haven't seen any out there yet. Did it actually come out? Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine has physical damage in the back of it from being in storage. Its not really repairable and is just there for looks now. I'd buy a repro but have no faith in repro parts so I would like to hear some opinions if they even came out yet.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
I replaced the mechanical movement in mine with the quartz unit that is available for the parts houses. Not too difficult as long as you follow the directions. It now works great!

------------------
-Randy
Cars:
<A HREF="http://www.camaroclubkc.com/rs1968ss.htm" TARGET=_blank>68 RS/SS BB ragtop
</A>RWHP: 329.4 RWTQ: 398.9
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:
Camaro Club of Kansas City

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
Yes, it's a tic Toc Tach. I bought the quartz conversion kit from Classic Industries. $50-60 if I remember right.

------------------
-Randy
Cars:
<A HREF="http://www.camaroclubkc.com/rs1968ss.htm" TARGET=_blank>68 RS/SS BB ragtop
</A>RWHP: 329.4 RWTQ: 398.9
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:
Camaro Club of Kansas City

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey 68ss396 if you buy a new tic toc tac i would be interested in buying your old non working one . i would like one to fill the hole and dont want to pay big money for a working one that i would not hook up anyway. let me know .
thanks
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
So who does make this repro, what do they cost, what all has to be changed to put one in a 68 that didn't have one (or a console) and if I don't go console & gauges for a while do I just keep the gas tank filled? Are there any alternatives for a gas gauge?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fro-fro, It doesn't appear that anyone has had any experience with the repro's so it looks like I am keeping the broken one. Sorry but even if I do get one I plan on keeping the broken one in case I want it for a future project. I plan on owning more of these cars in my lifetime! Something changes I will let you know. I have tried myself to buy other broken ones that people have had in hope of making one good one. No one even gets rid of broken ones

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 68 rs/ss 396 with a tic-toc-tac. I fixed it myself, clock also, with a kit from a company in Roscoe, Ill. called Instrument Services Inc. Ph# 1-800-558-2674. It didn't cost very much as I recall but that was a few years ago. Everything worked great and still does!
Denis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts