Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new dash pad and as I see it so nice I don't want it to get cracked ever if possible, which product would you recomend to keep it that way. Any interior protectant will do or there is a better dressing to maintain it flexible.The Sun here doesn't forgive those interior parts and I want to use my car as much as possible.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've seen guys that cut out a piece of cardboard to put on the dash. It is covered by cloth that resembles the dash color and they leave it on when they park it in the sun and remove it when they are using the car. Not sure if any chemicals with UV protection would truly work though!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
My brother in law keeps his cars immaculate and he always uses a LIGHT COAT of Vaseline on his dash pad. The heat here in Las Vegas is brutal on dashes none of his has EVER cracked. I did this treatment on the only project car I ever bought that DIDN'T come with a cracked dash...and when I sold it 10 years later the dash was fine.

All other "newer" (read that "my wife's") cars got a custom carpet type dash cover, and the dashes held up for the duration of our ownership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts