Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the OER reproduction tach that goes in the 69 dash on right side. I currently have the fuel gauge there, with the clock in the middle of dash. I know it's expensive but I'm thinking about getting the tach to go on the right with the fuel guage in the middle. Has anyone here done this. How'd you wire the tach?
Thanks, Guy

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do a search on this. It has been discussed before. You will need to do some cutting on your instrument carrier to allow a tach to fit. You will also need the tach wiring harness, which is pretty straight forward.

I'm not sure if the fuel guage wiring is the same, but I suspect that it would be.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Do a search. I posted on a thread a while back on this topic. I added a repro tach in place of the fuel gauge. It's not hard, just time consuming. You will need to purchase a Dremel or Craftsman multipurpose tool if you don't already have one.

The center fuel gauge conversion was a little more difficult because not all of the parts are available. There are two studded clips that hold the gauge in place and two "S" shaped clips that hold the gauge cover to the cluster. You can use the two studded clips on the far right of the dash to hold the gauge in place. They are supposed to hold the cluster against the vertical face of the dash, but aren't really needed. You will have to fab the "S" clips. I used a brass strip I bought at a hardware store to make the clips.

Also, you really need an original center fuel gauge or clock dash to measure the size of the hole to cut.

Don't throw away the stock gauge. There are some easily overlooked parts bolted to the back that are absolutely required to make the new gauge work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts