Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing one of the import 1969 Camaro radios from Ecklers (Rick's)for $319.00.
The ad says " It looks just like the original Delco that GM put in from the factory"
I was wondering if anyone has any comments or experience with one of these?
Thanks for your help!

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
good quality, looks factory, half the size and weight of the original blue light unit it replaced in my vehicle. I mainly use the iphone port but the radio quality is great if you like commercial radio.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good quality, looks factory, half the size and weight of the original blue light unit it replaced in my vehicle. I mainly use the iphone port but the radio quality is great if you like commercial radio.
Great, I was hoping to hear a good reply regarding the looks. I have had an empty radio hole in the dash for a while now but wanted to find an original looking radio without to much expense. Thanks for the reply! Tom

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
No problem...and the newer model than what I have is a bit easier to mount the iphone - I had to buy a third party connection harness and use the aux outs - no problem since I wasn't using a amp. But the new has native connections on the rear.

http://www.radiosforoldcars.com/whoF.htm

·
11,312 Posts
Kevin, the site makes no mention of amp output on these units, are there any?
The front speakers are "speaker level", rears are RCA "line level". I put the rears right into a 4 ch amp, but used a PAC SNI-35 speaker level converter to amp for the fronts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts