Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the repo dash cluster available from Ricks?
Thanks,
Mike :confused:

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
It'll cost you more, but you'll be happier. I can't put my finger on the exact reason, but there's something about the repops I've seen, that doesn't look like the originals. Never really studied them, but the polished parts are dull, and the pebbled parts don't look just right for some reason.

If you're doing a correct restoration, I'd spring for an uncut original. They're around. Then polish and paint it, and get it rechromed.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unreal, No my car went the pro-tourer route. Anyway my factory one has been cut alittle but when I pulled it out all the little mounting tabs are broke or wainting to break. I would hve gone Covans if I hadnt allready but bought a new repop speedo and 8000 tach and clock. I replaced the factory console gauges with Autometer so if the dash cluster looks close and fits thats good enough for me.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
538 Posts
CHP did a piece on repro dash carriers and fitted it for factory gauges as well. Check it out. May be the May issue that has the 70 Chevelle 'vert on the cover. The main difference that they spotted was the "Camaro" script right in the center of the bezel. It's a little smaller.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Judd's right. The CHP article is very good. I read it late last week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts