Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were the decals listed below used on the '67 model? If so, where exactly are they attached?
-Anti-freeze decal
-Dealer-installed anti-freeze decal
-GM Door Mark (foil), driver and passenger door?
THANKS!!!

------------------
Dallas
67 SS 350

S

·
0 Posts
In Re. door decal, is this @ 2" square? As to the underhood decals I will be happy to go from memory as mine are long gone. On the radiator support in front of the cap @ on center going to driver,s side.

------------------

67 Nemesix

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephen,
The GM Door Mark (foil or stamped metal) is @2 inches square. I'm not sure where on the door inner panel it is attached. I'm also not sure if both doors received this decal.

Did first gens get both the factory anti-freeze decal and the dealer-installed anti-freeze decal?

Thanks!

------------------
Dallas
67 SS 350

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
The door foil GM marks were only used on 67's, (and possibly 70 and later) and they are located with the bottom edge about 1/4" above the top edge of the upper door strike screw, and the right edge (passenger side) about 1/4" to the left of the same screw.

If you place the lower corner of the foil closest to the upper strike screw 1/4" to 3/8" above and outboard of the edges of the screw you will be in the right spot.

They were used on both drivers and passenger side doors.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

[This message has been edited by Mark C (edited 10-26-2001).]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark,
Thanks for the details. Can you provide any input on which anti-freeze decal(s) were used and exactly where they are located? I'm attempting to put the final touches on a '67 restoration.
Thanks again!

------------------
Dallas
67 SS 350

S

·
0 Posts
Maybe the decals were hand applied. Mine are 3/8" outboard 1 1/2" above screw. Never saw two a/f decals on a car before. Check your area for a Concoure event. Ask the judges & entrants if there is supposed to be a specific location for them. Never really paid it much thought until you asked!

------------------

67 Nemesix

·
Registered
235 Posts
GM sticker on both doors and the posts as to postion are accurate. I'm not sure about the A/F decals, I've had 2 bone stock 67's and neither one had a decal, nor does my 69 Z28. Whatever you do, don't put one of those "Caution Fan" stickers on the shroud. Ugh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts