Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys ever herd of a reprogramed distributor cap? (all the terminals on the left side of the cap corispond to cylinders on the left bank of the motor and all the terminals on the right side of the cap corispond to cylinders on the right bank of the motor) if so can you share any opinions or experience you may have had with these? who sells one for GM HEI? I think its a neat idea if it dosen't sacrifice performance.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I've seen them, but you could do what I always do...cheat.

With a little creative wiring, any cap can appear like a reprogramed version.

Note how the #2 and #3 wires cross under and behind. Usually when everything else on top of the motor is done, they can't really be seen hiding back there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it! It looks clean! if I can't get up on one of those reprogramed jobs Ill definetly use your idea. Just got to make sure the wires you buy are long enough. Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have being using one for over a year with no problems. The cap is called a cross fire cap. You should be able to do a search on the internet and find them for $50.00 plus shipping. Good luck Jerry

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a company called Classic Enterprises that sells reprogramed HEI caps, ignition wires and HEI's. Phone Number is 609-646-7032

1 - 7 of 7 Posts