Team Camaro Tech banner

Request PC Help

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jtchevy2 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a Windows Vista tower/PC and would like to get inside of it, aka, Documents, etc.
Is there a simple method of connecting a laptop to it and 'see' it?
The network route via RJ45 port did not work.
Or do I need in setting up its own monitor, keyboard, etc. to read inside?

#4 ·
Ev, If I'm understanding correctly yes, you need a monitor and keyboard. You won't be able to access the tower from a laptop to control the tower. The beep is often associated with the lack of a monitor or keyboard. If you have a computer repair shop near by they can probably get the files you want onto a thumb drive that you can then access on your laptop.

#9 ·
Yep got two towers, one works, two laptops. Wife and son did the free Windows 10 updates on the laptops. They are completely useless to me. Can't find anything. Dropping Windows 7 should be a criminal offence.

#10 ·
Just get a hard drive connector adapter. I bought one from amazon which does IDE and SATA connections to USB. So easy to remove hard drive, plug the connectors on HD, then insert USB into you Laptop or other computer. You see it as any other type of external drive (thumbdrive) under Windows explorer. Then you just find your files and copy to new computer. Works great to copy documents when you get a new computer.

Would work the same for a laptop hardrive, just need to make sure you have the correct HD connectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.