Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting some "pad-knockback" in the rear brakes, and I'd like to put a 2lb RVP in it to hold a lil pressure...

I "thought" I'd had a willwood valve in my last order, but it looks like I goofed.

Does anyone have a part # for a 2lb RVP I can pick up at Auto Zone or Napa?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just thought I'd take a minute to fill this in for info.

I have wilwood's manual disk system, with 4 piston dynalite calipers and 12.2" rotors on all four.
System works great except every once in a while, the pedal is low, not soft, just low. Sometimes very low, sometimes lights the brake light. A single pump brings it back up.

Talking to Mark, we theorized that with the fixed calipers and the c clip rear letting the axles move in and out a bit, the pistons were getting knocked back off the disks in the back.

Mark suggested I try a 2 lb residual pressure valve, thinking that would help keep the pads on the rotors.

So, that Saturday when I posted this question, I ended up going to finish line performance in Joliet, and they had the wilwood valve in stock. I have a 2 peice rear brake line, so I just unscrewed it and put the valve in in place of the coupler.

problem solved. I've put a hundred fifty miles on the car the past 2 days, and the pedal is right where it should be ALL the time.

This probably wouldn't be an issue with most brakes cause they use floating calipers which can move with the axles. It's not a problem with Ford ends or c clip eliminators, cause they positively secure the axles in place.
With c-clips though, the axles can move in and out maybe 1/16", and that's enough to push the pistons in and give a low pedal.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I had the same problem Jim until I put the Moser with Ford ends in. Good to know that the residual valve would have helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts