·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retired Should Keep Busy

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their
days interesting. Well, for example, the other day I went downtown and
went into a shop. I was only in there for about 5 minutes and when I
came out there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.
I went up to him and said, "Come on, man, how about giving a
retired person a break"? He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.
I called him a "Nazi " He glared at me and started writing another
ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a "doughnut eating
Gestapo." He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield
with the first.

Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20
minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Personally, I
didn't care. I came downtown on the bus and the car that he was putting
the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said "Hillary in '08." I try to
have a lit tle fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my
health.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Kevin, that's a good one! Laughter is the best medicine and I got my dose for the day! :)

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Too funny ,as 34 yrs ago I was was walking my St. Bernard in the park by where I was raised ,and I let my dog Albert of the leash so just about that time 2 mounted police riding horses ,oh man Albert saw them and you can imagine from there the horses went crazy ,well I will make it short while writing me the ticket (dog off leash in park) one of my high school buddy's pulls up in his 66 Biscayne ,and proceeds to ask me what's up, as the officer is writing I am explaining and about that time he is handing me the ticket ,Paul tells the officer how chickensh-t he is being ,so he runs paul 's license checks all the lights looks at the tires and writes 3 tickets for ,tires ,back up lights and a cracked windshield oh we laugh now but was not so funny at the time ,that story just jogged my memory,wanted to share..Happy Motoring

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yep, been there. When I was in high school, about 1987-88 I locked my keys in my camaro. Well, being the 80's I had dark tint on my window and louvers on the back. It was an 84 camaro. Well, the cop started to give me crap about my window tint, saying it was illegal, so my mind told me to shut up, but I did not have the ability. I asked him then why aren't louvers illegal, he said they were, I asked why, he said it makes it hard to see in the car. This is were my smarted @!$%ed friend comes in...."Maybe you need a new pair of glasses"....40 bucks for the ticket! Brian always did crap like that!! We were out drinking at the lake about the same year and the cops showed up and asked if we were having a party...Brian said "were til you showed up" I could go on and on...we had alot of fun in High school...of course I was always good!!

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Yah Rex I could tell a few more but only have a 1/2 hr. for lunch and a couple 20 min breaks so, and home computer blew up so ...My girls are heading to Texas (Kilgore)in 4 weeks to get spoiled by Grandpa...Happy Motoring

1 - 10 of 10 Posts