Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta 1969 Camaro I'm working on I'm looking at the grey Rev wheel 5 spoke and was wondering if a 18x8 will fit the front and 18x9 would fit the rear without having to roll the fender in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You may need to change to the 18x7 for the front. I was looking at the same setup from Rev ended up going with the Showwheels 18x7 front and 18x9 rear. Both brands had the same offsets if i remember correctly

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You need to get the correct off set.

I have 18x9.5 with 5.5 off set. My axel is centered as good as it can get but I have a ton of room on passenger side and nose hair on the driver side. I think it was because of after market quarters is my guess. So I had to roll the driver side and install a rear sway bar to help eliminate body roll. I have no rubbing issues at all.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Wait...just realized you probably have stock height on your 69. Never mind what I said. My 69 is lowered all the way around. Sorry about that.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
What size tire?? Nice wheels! What wheel is that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hotchkis lowering springs in front and hotckis 1 1/2" leaf in back with 1"block. Plan on swapping for 3" at sometime.

Tires: 225/40/18 front and 275/35/18 rear
Wheels are showwheel streeters

·
Registered
380 Posts
heres my old car and REV wheels :
these barely fit but did fit, the rear outer sidewalls did rub inside rear wheel openings in quarter panels but I never addressed that as it was minor and only occured with 4 people riding in the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts