Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the reverse lights never worked, now putting in the rebuilt th400...is the switch in the linkage or attached to the tranny or what? This is a problem I would like to solve.
thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have different information on that. One mechanic says that it was originally a column shift that was converted to a floor shift. The other says that it was always a floor shift. Someone one this board decoded my cowl tag to reveal that the original tranny was a powerglide, making me believe that it prob. was originally column shift.

thanks!

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Your original decode indicated the car came with both a powerglide and a floor console. The shifter would be on the floor in this case. I think (Hey, I've got a 69 and I know where it is on a 69) the backup light switch is attached to the transmission linkage below the floor.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The Back up light switch is on the shifter of an auto. and on the st. column of a manual in 69.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Chevyoldman...all automatic back up light switches were on the floor shift shifter incorporated in with the neutral safety switch in 67..BUT, you'll need to get a PG to TH400 shifter conversion kit to anable the use of the stock 2 spd shifter with a 3 speed auto trans, otherwise the gear positions will not be synchronized with the shifter detents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts