Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out which reverse light switch I need to mount on my super T10 4 speed trans on my 69 camaro. I found the reverse lights don’t work and there is no switch on the trans. I think it was an automatic car originally. I have the hurst shifter as well. Will the hurst shifter reverse light kit work or is that only for the Muncie or will it fill both? I saw a pink and green wire connector under the dash and from what I’ve seen this may be for the backup light? Just curious what everyone had used for this switch. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great. Do you have any pics of what connects to that wire harness under the dash? My pink and green connector is flat. But I like that harness. Looks nice. Do you have a diagram how that switch hooks up to trans?

·
Registered
426 Posts
The pink lead is the 12 volts, the green lead goes to the back reverse light circuit. On the switch, it would not matter which wire goes to which post of the switch, as it is a simple on/off contact switch.

Power into the switch, and when the switch is closed, power is applied to the green wire/reverse lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts