Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd ask how you guys were routing the reverse switch wiring on TKO conversions.

I have the AAW update kit, which has the reverse light swtich wiring inside the car. I am not running the 69 interlock, nor do I have the reverse light switch on the column. I need to get it down to the switch on the passenger side of the TKO, and I can either drill a hole and run the wire through a grommet on the tunnel, or I can put some kind of protective sheath on it and route it through the shifter hole. I don't know which is cleanest or preferred, so I figured I'd see what you guys were doing.

They way I agonize over these little details, I wonder if I'll ever get it done... :)

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Eric,

I simply ran the wires along the inside of the console and then drilled a hole at the side/rear of the shifter hole. I put a grommet in the hole and ran the wires to the switch. BTW , I uses a Hurst backup switch.

Kev

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I did basically the same thing. Used the grommet where the powerglide cable orignally went thru, and I cut the wires from the dash side of the console connector, and routed them so I could get the console off without pulling the wires off the trans and out of the floor.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I don't have to worry about a console (for now at least). I'm going to try to just run the factory 4-speed boot and ring, until I decide I can't stand how much the TKO shifter pushes up the GM boot. I have a console, but it needs some work and I'm in need of that budget elsewhere. I will get it figured out. My car was a factory floor shift manual and the tunnel had really been butchered, so I replaced it. I am just trying not to drill any more holes than necessary.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Eric,
Just run the wires under the rug taped down with Duct tape then drill a hole close to the shifter hole but out of the way :)

Kev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts