Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble locating a reverse light switch for my 69 manual trans. It is integral with the reverse lockout rods that turn the column which turns the switch on. My original is just worn out. Everytime I look in a catalog they list stuff like a neutral safety switch which is totally different. You can't explain this to a parts store either. I was hoping us camaro pros have a solution or a part number. I mounts on top of the column and is about 4 inches from the firewall. It is cuved to conform to the column, and a little plastic piece sticks down inside the column that gets turned to make contact. If I say column one more time I will get confused and have to type this over again differently. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,531 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. However I think my neutral safety and backup are two different switches. My neutral safety has purple wires and attaches to the pedal area. It has a little rod that attaches to the clutch pedal itself. My backup switch has two wires pink and green in a plug. There are only two wires on the switch. If the one shown in your link would work I would use it, but it has a lot more studs for wires than I need. Here is a link to my old switch. The little clip on top holds the two neutral safety wires. http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=3427

·
Super Moderator
32,531 Posts
Link doesn't open up to view switch close-up. But get a switch for "W/O console" and I bet it would work.

Old one worn out or need adjustment, both the lock out rod or the switch itself on the column?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plastic slider on the switch twists out of the housing. The housing itself has a little warp to it. When the slider gets to that point it catches, and falls out. Being plastic I can not do much with it. When it falls out the little copper connector falls out as well, and I have to find it on the floor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts