Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Chris, there is a guy on Team Chevelle that goes by the username of DZ AUTO and his e-mail address is [email protected] he is in Mustang , Okla and repeatedly tells anyone with muncie problems to e-mail or call him. I don't know too much about that area, but the two of you might be able to get together and fix it.

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
There are no strangers here, only friends you haven't met.

R

·
0 Posts
There is a site on the web called www.gearzone.net They sell Muncie rebuild kits for about $155. Of course that's just a basic kit. If you need gears or any other major parts that aren't included in the kit, I think those start to add up pretty quick.
Rich

·
Registered
540 Posts
I just had my M-20 totally rebuilt by a shop and it cost me $1,100. This included all labor, 4th gear and my driveshaft balanced. I was told later that I paid about $350 too much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm looking to get my M21 rebuilt , but alot of people say the rebuild parts are made over seas and are of inferior quality. Anyone research this?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have over 500 lbs of torque in my 69 camaro now and might add some more in the future. If anything I would probably want to go with a T-10 or tremec, huh?

·
11,268 Posts
jacksz28, yes there are quality issues with overseas (and some US parts) I bought a rebuilt unit that had to be rebiult again due to crap (cheap) parts used during the 1st rebuild. You get what you pay for.

SSdanny69, don't feel too bad, I spent more (I won't say how much, I'm too embarassed)
But Jerry MacNiesh rebuilt it the 2nd time and he made sure I knew the costs upfront before I OK-ed the work and I am very happy with the result. I'd rather pay more for it to be done correctly (I had to replace every gear except for reverse) then cut costs on an important item. Jerry was great a keeping the costs down to a reasonable level. If I had it done at a "transmission shop", I'm sure the costs would have been higher. Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 ragtop, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69' Hugger Orange Z-21 ragtop 327/PG, Driver

·
0 Posts
Guys, I had my M20 and now the old M21 done by the same shop. Best in the East. The M20 needed little else than new brass rings, bearings. That rebuild cost me $275. The M21 is a bit more hosed as I pushed the ol L88 through it on slicks. But even with a few parts I would think it wont run more than $400.

They only use the best parts and yes, many are junk. You can buy a kit for $150, or email Kenny,[email protected] Old Man Engineering is the shops name. They're in Buffalo NY and during NOV you get a 25% winter discount. Might be worth the shipping. They said about $35. They do mostly roundy round work so they ship all over.

$1100!!!! Unless its a numbers deal, I would have bought a brand new ST10 from Richmond.

I'll be selling my new M21 for $800.Tops.

Procharged, I run about the same numbers through an M20, heavy Chevelle (3450) and only 3.55's ( lower gears help parts live). I think you;re OK unless slicks and 1320s are frequent, then yes, do an ST10. In fact the guys I just referred you to made the same recommendation to me. Actually, first he said a Rich5 and 3.08's. And if $$ weren;t an issue that IS the way to go.

[This message has been edited by 427L88 (edited 11-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by 427L88 (edited 11-02-2000).]

·
Registered
482 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>They do mostly roundy round work so they ship all over.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell is roundy round work?

Dave

·
0 Posts
Jay, they shut down that operation ( I think Kenny's son ran it) and now do everything up here.

Hey, I didn't say the guy is perfect, hmm lets see, NC, Buffalo, NC, Buffalo, WHATTYA NUTS!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts