Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with my dad to home depot(like 3 blocks away) and i counted over 10 Riced out hondas and all them imports!...Its makeing me mad!!!:mad:

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
He, He!!

LOLROTF!!!

"STICKERS"!!!!!

He, He!!

There's nothing like an uncorked, hopped up, 301 4-speed up around 8,000+ rpm!!! Get her up about 450 to 500 hp, drop it in a small early Duece or a Vega S/W and go kick some ricer butt........

pdq67

·
Registered
702 Posts
put a cold air intake in and a upperstrut bar (whatever the hell that does).
Too funny!

That was good but they forgot one. Gauges!!!! It always makes me laugh, the ones who have gauges bigger than the steering wheel for the tach and a shift light for an automatic!!! they also have to be either carbon fiber or light up for added horespower!!! And dont forget about the A-pillar got to have about 3-4 going down that!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
:noway: boy oh boy for what money they spent on them. i look at them and laugh punch the gas spin tires and im gone and they are still near the light lmao

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Check out this Import, even has the "stickazz"..........
SCSN outlaw 10.5 finals
I'm not a big import fan at all, but they are not all a joke, just another kind of hotrod anymore, some are turds, some aren't. :)

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
I went with my dad to home depot(like 3 blocks away) and i counted over 10 Riced out hondas and all them imports!...Its makeing me mad!!!:mad:

what Honda wasn't an import?
i thought this thread was going to be about Toyota playing in NASCAR...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Thats because imports are more plentiful and are a lot cheaper to maintain than most musclecars are..(not all, but most)

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,540 Posts
This thread is like the Sunnis versus the Shiites. We all worship at the altar of automotive performance; why do we muscle car guys need to pretend we've got the one true religion?

·
Registered
345 Posts
This thread like the Sunnis versus the Shiites. We all worship at the altar of automotive performance; why do we muscle car guys need to pretend we've got the one true religion?
im going to have to agree. not all honda's are ricers, my ride to school every day is a friends 11sec turbo honda coupe.

·
Registered
355 Posts
yea....every time pull up next to one in my 71...they get scared to look over...haha

·
Registered
399 Posts
some of the owners of those imports seem to be offended when i tell them my motorcycle has as many cylinders as their car

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
It is the future of the hobby.

We have a HUGE cruise-in every friday night down here.
I have been going for over 15 years.

Used to be just Classics and Hot rods...
Now there is a whole large section set aside for the imports.
They start showing up at 9pm and take over the whole place.

All us "old guys" leave and go home to take a nap. :)

I have been saying this for quite some time....
In 25 years when we are ready to retire and cash out.
None of the younger guys are going to want these old beasts.
The don't handle well, they use a lot of gas - they are not so fast, and they are unsafe in an accident.

They will all want tricked out WRX's and turbo Supras.

So sell your cars now, because this is the top of the game. ;)

remember what happened to the Model T's?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Jeff,

I hate to say this, but I agree w/ you..

I just can't bring myself to part w/ my first new car is all b/c it's such a part of me..

Part of me tell's me to drop a de-stroked 267 down to 230 or so in her AND daily drive it like I used to, but what would I do w/ my new 496??

Or stick my 283 in her instead..

pdq67

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I hate to say this, but Ricers are the wave of the future. Most young kids today will remember their first car as an import vs. an American car, unlike when I grew up remembering the cars from the fifties and sixties as what a true Hot rod is suppose to be.

It's not that Ricers are taking over.....they took over long ago during the 70's for economy reasons. The big gas guzzling V8 fell victim to the more fuel efficient 4 banger.

I remember in high school, that Datsuns were popular among street racers. They were lowered with little mods done to the engines. The exhausts systems were modified by cutting off the cats and mufflers and replaced with resonators.

It's sad, but true. :sad:

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
This thread is like the Sunnis versus the Shiites. We all worship at the altar of automotive performance; why do we muscle car guys need to pretend we've got the one true religion?
Because we don't blow each other up doing it. ;)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts