Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know If ricks hotrod tanks fit in mini tub 67 camaro? Dse tank is about 200 more. I think ricks make them for dse any way but not sure. any help? thanx

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Unless Rick' tank is narrowed I don't think it will fit. You move the springs in in the rear,
the tank needs to be cut.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Ricks has a narrowed tank for minitubs. Give them a call.

Don

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Here's the deal:
If you buy the way overpriced offset shackles w/ 1.75" offset, you'll have to notch the tank.

I made my own shackles, @ 1.1" offset.
That is about the max you can go and use the stock tank. I did reverse the shackle bolt direction and carefully centered the tank. It works.

The springs are moved inboard 1" each side. GLA mini tubs, did not notch the frame.
All this is on a '69.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Chops, pics please.
kevmac, check out the vaporworx (sp?) tanks. Carl Cassanova is part of that whole deal so you may be able to get info from him or search it at pro-touring. They run about $800 I think and are set up for autox, prolly narrowed.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Chops, pics please.
kevmac, check out the vaporworx (sp?) tanks. Carl Cassanova is part of that whole deal so you may be able to get info from him or search it at pro-touring. They run about $800 I think and are set up for autox, prolly narrowed.
The Vaporworx tanks are killer, but they are $1600+ depending upon the pump module you need.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Rick's will build the tank to fit. Call em. Awesome product.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ricks sells a narrowed (and notched- probably dont need if you have leafs). I'm running one in my 69. Great company to deal with. Scott

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Offset shackles I fabbed. Far right two are the finished product and for the pass. side (last shackle flipped for detail purposes)
Did not notch frame rails
completely stock tank
stock leafs
stock 12 bolt- moved perches
I'm running 18x10 - 305/35/18's and could have gone wider

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a Rick's in my mini tubbed 67 with a 4 link. You need narrowed and notched with the 4 link to clear exhaust and it probably wouldn't hurt with a leaf car either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my tank from Ricks this week. Very nice. Hate to cover it up. It has the walbro 340 and was wondering could I just use the extra light wire(dark blue on am autowire) to hook it up or need a relay? thanx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts