1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
Test Here
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

CONGRATULATIONS!

SS68

Craig Stripling A third owner 1968 Camaro SS/RS 350, Complete Numbers Matching, Four Speed, Tic-Toc-Tac, Consoles guages, Wood Wheel, PS, PB, Deluxe seats. No engine or drivetrain mods... It's a stocker.. That's right, no headers! The only real non factory items are the Cowl hood and stripes (original hood in storage). As a side note, I purchased the car from the second owner who has owned this car since 1972! The next owner will be my son when he graduates high school in three years! Thanks for checking out my classic Camaro!

·
14,281 Posts
I would wait til the kid grads college:cool:

Very nice. Congrats

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Congrats

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
... No engine or drivetrain mods... It's a stocker... ... The only real non factory items are ...
Well ... and those Valve Covers ... and that Air Cleaner ... and that Radiator Mount ... and ...

But, it is a nice car - congratulations Craig :thumbsup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thanks guys.....yes he may have to wait until college! Mom and dad are having lots of fun in the meantime!

Vintage68, ok... I don't call the valve covers and breather modifications, the oil is not original either! There are no internal mods to the engine, stock carb, no headers etc. on a side note, the factory am/fm radio doesn't work on the fm side so I bought one of those Classic Industries repros..... Awesome power with iPod inputs too. Looks great in the car with factory style face plate.

Well ... and those Valve Covers ... and that Air Cleaner ... and that Radiator Mount ... and ...

But, it is a nice car - congratulations Craig :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,586 Posts
Very, very nice. Congrats to you Craig.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Thanks guys.....

Vintage68, ok... I don't call the valve covers and breather modifications, the oil is not original either! ...
Okay - in that case I'll let the Heads slide too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Wow, Learn something new everyday about these cars that were "supposed to be".

·
Registered
712 Posts
What? You missed the center caps....they are 67! The 68's should be back this week from getting reworked. OK, we can pick cars apart for days on in, the engine block is original to the car, as is the trans, rear end etc. The clutch Im sure is not and other components. Bottom line, what I meant, and everyone else knows, is that I don't have a hot rod car, it is a stocker. However, some of the ricer's around would swear those valve covers and non AC Delco filter element are good for a few extra HP and MPH !

Thanks!:beers:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wasn't the smartest guy in the class but I knew what you meant. Way nice Camaro you have there no matter what! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to keep their car stock appearing. If I could afford a Pro Touring, I might consider it but for now, I am happy. Enjoy your car Graig.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Way too nice of a car for a first car. Lucky kid. Only problem is old technology vs new. Air bags, traction control, crumple zones. Get him a beater with a heater and have this for a life time collectible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts