Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm interested to see this also. I installed a Ridetech 4 link with mini-tub and wondering what exhaust would fit

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
I'm turned down before the axle as well. I started to fabricate an over the axle exhaust, but I will be mini-tubbing in the fall and would have to rework the system again, so I put that project on hold. I'll probably buy some stainless mandrel bends once I tub it, and make some custom tail pipes.

FWIW, I mocked up the old tail pipes from before the 4 link, and they would have been routed right through the coilovers.

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Keep in mind that Spintech makes ovals and transitions as well to get tucked into those tight spaces.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,643 Posts
I have a set Stainless works used to make for a (now closed) vender. They work really well. Too bad they didn't keep making them. Most guys nowadays with the ridetech rear either turn down before the axle, run them under or have someone custom make them from scratch.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys everyone. I was also thinking of having the exhaust exit on the sides in front of the rear tires

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stainless works replied with this part number.

CA676925CSAR

I looked it up and i cant tell if its over or under axle

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice system, a bit pricey though

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm mini tubbed and there is no way I'd get that through without notching the gas tank. I'd also love to see a side exit option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tanksinc sells a notched tank
Pretty nice too

Also ridetech is supplying an upper bar tab jig to use to help locate the upper arm tabs on the rear axle

So since i want to get a new moser rear this jig will come in handy

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
I have a traditional 4-link set-up in mine with the Tanks notched tank. Will be getting to the exhaust probably next week. After much thought and contemplation, I've decided to exit in front of the rear tire with a 3-1/2" Oval and plan on doing a compound bologna cut to match the angle of the rocker. I also wanted to point out in doing some homework on exhaust that the "X" pipe will have a higher pitched ring to it while using a "H" pipe with have a much deeper throaty sound. I have heard both - youtube is a wonderful tool - and my personal preference by a long shot is the "H" pipe. Good Luck

Reactions: 68GK327

·
Registered
204 Posts
Also ridetech is supplying an upper bar tab jig to use to help locate the upper arm tabs on the rear axle

So since i want to get a new moser rear this jig will come in handy

In one of the 48 hour Camaro videos, I seem to remember Bret saying you could order a Moser rear with all the Ridetech brackets already welded on. I'd definitely ask Moser about that.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
396 Posts
Here's how I installed mine. I bought a 2.5" mandrel bent SS Magnaflow kit for an A body (because there were more pieces in it), and then I started chopping and fitting. My car is not mini tubbed, but I plan on doing that down the road eventually, so I kept all my left over pipe in case I needed to tweak the installation at that time. It looks awesome and I have absolutely no rubbing. The old saying is true, if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself! I don't know of any pre made kit that would fit with the 4 link, thats why I made my own.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts