Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to go top of the line aftermarket on my 67 with a Gen V swap and bought an 11” booster from Right Stuff and a Wilwood 1,1/8”master. $500 later and I tried to bleed the brakes with no luck.

Wilwoods are generic masters and don’t sell boosters so they are incompatible. I tried using their bullet adapter but it was the wrong length. I called them and they told me to have one machined. I bought the booster pin measuring tool and had a pin machined. $100 later and it all went together and bled fine.

The car has been sitting for a while, since I’ve been doing sheet metal work on the front and today I notice a puddle under the car. The car has never been driven, it has 0 miles. The master is leaking from the weep hole, meaning the master is junk.WTF Wilwood?

Product Font Electronic device Gadget Circle

Rim Wheel Font Auto part Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Helmet Motor vehicle

Crankset Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Hood

·
Premium Member
68 SS/RS, 468 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
821 Posts
How long has it been "sitting" for a while before you had an issue? Summit stands behind what they sell, why didnt you return it to Summit? That seems to be the easiest thing to do rather then going directly to mfg. But I would have to think Wilwood should stand behind the product too.

·
Premium Member
5,418 Posts
Its been over a year. Wilwood took it back. They are going to call me once they have it pressure tested.
Yeah, it only take less that minute to pressure test it. Supply chain I suppose. Of course you employ an atty there is no evidence when they say all is good. I hope they don't ruin their reputation over some stupid mistake. They don't cost that much, they should have sent a new one pronto. UNLESS they have to test their inventory to find a good one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts