Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I need some help here, when I make a sharp right turn I hear a knock but I'm unable to see anything that is making contact. If I make an easy right turn there is no sound, Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Check your upper and lower A arm bushings,also check the 2 bolts where your alignment shims are they could have been left loose. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I agree with Mr C. I had a friend with a 79 Z/28 that did the same thing. One of his upper A-Arm bushings was gone. The car bounced alot to, but he got a hand on it.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's interesting because driving down the road is just fine and a slow right turn is OK, it's just when you make a slow right like into a driveway that I hear a knock.
Everything looks OK it's just too cold right now (-9 to 25) to lift the front end and check it all out so I thought I'd get your opinions and when the weather co-operates do a quick check of the system. I appreciate your replys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just for thought when you are turning the sway bar is under force and could have a bad end link or frame bushing that is bad or even a broken frame bracket.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the easiest way to check the bushings in tghe A-arm. Everything else looks good but there is a 1/4 space in the bushing between the edge of the bushing and the frame.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Make sure the front suspension has been well lubed. Even if this doesnt help the problem, it doesnt hurt to check it. I had a friend who had a similar problem and it turned out that there was hardly any grease in the ball joints ot tie rod ends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts