Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get the right turn signal working in my 69 and am running out of ideas on how to fix it.

Here is a summary of what works and doesn't work.

- The right signal light works as a running light when the lights are on.
- All hazzard lights blink ( front left, both rear and both dash) except the right front signal, it doesn't light at all when the hazzards are on.
- The left turn signals work fine.
- The right rear and right dash signals work fine.

Any ideas on how I can identify or fix the problem?

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Sounds like the problem is at the bulb such as a bad ground, corroded socket, bad bulb etc.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Are you using repo turn signals. Some will let the bulb go in both ways. Make sure it is in correctly. It is a 1157 bulb and the tangs are offset. Also take a test light and test the prongs on the inside of the socket. One will be on all the time which is your runnng light and the other should flash just like the blinker. If the test light works check your ground or your bulb. If the test light doesnt work then you have a wiring problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Erik,
I had a similar problem on my 69, only both my parking lights didn't work. The parking lights in the front are grounded by the nuts that secure them, make sure the surface where the nuts tighten down is clean of paint overspray or the nut won't ground. My flashers activated the lights but not the signal, and I was getting real low volt readings at the lights, I took them off and cleaned all the epoxy overspray from the primer off and they work perfectly. Those nuts drove me nuts.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I found the problem. I cleaned the wire connector between the harness and the turn light assembly and it worked!! I'm not sure how the fog light worked and the blinker didn't, but they both work now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts