Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those who have the rock valley tanks. I am receiving my stainless steel rock valley fuel tank this week. My question is if I should do anything to it prior to installing it like clear coating, polish w/ clear coat, ect. What did you guys do or would have done if you could do it over (better)? Any suggestions or info would be appreciated.

·
Retired
16,045 Posts
Chris, not sure what a RockVally tank is, but if its a galvanized type standard gas tank here is what I did on my new tank, 2 coats of POR15 Clear and a coat of POR15 black on the straps. That should keep the Florida salts off it.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
8,747 Posts
Chris,

I have one in my shop for the new 69 and had one on my last 69. The only thing I did was wet-sand the tank to give it a fine brushed look. When they weld the baffles inside the tank the marks show through on the outside. The stainless looks good but the marks do not so I wet-sanded the entire tank with 600 grit to make it completely even on the outside.

In reality they are ready to go and need no clear-coating or prep. With me it was an esthetics (sp)thing.

Jody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.