Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the site and will post pics later of my Camaro. For now it is in a state of disassembly. After " finishing" the resto (not sure there is such a thing...) about 5 yrs ago, I just pulled the M21 to swap to a TKO600. That turned into fixing the leaky pan gasket, which led to pulling the motor to check/replace a few other annoyances following the build...I'm sure you all know how that goes. I call it the "as long as we're already in there" dilemma.

Anyway, my car is a 69 sport coupe 307/auto car that we converted to a Z28 clone, with the exception of going with a .030 over 350. It currently has a hydraulic cam and before tearing it down, I could hear a few rockers out of adjustment. I currently have the intake manifold off so I would love to do the rockers now on the stand (so I can get at the pushrods via the valley). However, virtually all the oil is out of the engine following the oil pan swap (also did a rear main while I was in there). Can I do the adjustment now, or do I have to wait until the engine is re-primed with oil? My thought was that the lifter plungers are still held at extension, but I wasn't sure if they should also be full of oil for proper adjustment.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts