Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys, I have been wanting to start a build thread, so I guess I'll get started now! This is my first full blown restoration. Everything else I have has been a drive as you restore type of project, so I am sure I will have questions!

I purchased a 69 convertible about a year ago back in Michigan. The car started its life as a standard 6 cylinder convertible, but the previous owner started making the car into a big block RS/SS clone. The car is pretty straight. The Floors, front fenders, core support, rear quarters, and deck lid have been replaced using n.o.s panels. The front sub-frame was blasted and painted and all new hardware installed. It has a rebuilt 396 with a TH-400 that needs to be rebuilt and 10 bolt with an unknown gear in it. It also has front disc brakes. The car needs paint, a new top, interior pieces, and to be finished getting put back together.

My goal is to make this car a great cruiser by going the restomod route. I have a Hotchkis TVS II suspension kit to put on it, and will be ordering a 4 wheel Wilwood disc brake kit with a hydraboost setup. The car was originally Olympic Gold, and had a standard black interior, but I think I am going to paint the car LeMans Blue, hot wheels Camaro kinetic blue or some variation of the color.

Thanks for taking time to read my post guys, and I look forward to learning and talking with you guys. I'll attach a few pics of the car. Let me know what you think!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Nick,

Congrats on your new project. I live just down the road from you in Castle Rock. Out of curiosity, who are you having paint your car?

Jason

1 - 20 of 42 Posts