Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
probably no, but they make cages now with a removable rear crossbar, but it'll be tough getting backthere. My advice is to have a local guy whose done bars in street cars give you a price. Racer1320 on the www.chevelles.com had a rollbar put in by a guy in the NJ area who left the original interior alone, removed what he needed to get the job done, then put it all back in place. you'll have to e-mail him about it though.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My son and I put a 4-point bar in his 68 chevelle and to keep the rear seat functional(although difficult to get to)we routed the rear down-bars through the package tray,instead of the rear bulkhead.This required bending the bars a slight amount and cutting up the package tray,which was re-welded back together after the bars were permanantly in place.A little extra work,but worth it to keep the rear seat.

------------------
HDZ/28

·
Registered
963 Posts
i would say you could do it. Seeing your from Pa, check out the roll bars from S&W Racecars. I get all my stuff from them and what you could do is buy a 10 point cage and use what they call pro street bars, for the rear bars. they claim they follow the roof line. there site is: www.swracecars.com
I've talked to them a lot and they are a good bunch of people to work with.
hope this helps.
Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts