Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello team. This is my first post on the forum. I finally joined the team a week ago after viewing the site for a couple of years. My question is a relatively simple one. Is there anyone out there that is currently running roller rockers on a small block chevy with the factory aluminum finned valve covers that were installed on Z28's and later model vette's? I want the original look under the hood of my 69, but don't want to give up my rollers. If this is possible ,were any modifications necessary?

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
Hello and Welcome Matt,
I am using Comp ProMagnums under the factory finned cover on AFR heads. I orginally had the same roller rockers on stock heads and they cleared .

If your cover has the drippers, they may require trimming.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Some have used thick gaskets like these.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Got a set of Crane rollers under mine and they work great. Had to take my stud girdle off though. Thick gaskets are a must.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I used my stock dripper Z covers but since I have a roller motor they would not clear the Crane rockers. So I bought spacers by B&B from Summit

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for the feed back. I am now confident that I can make my set up work.:hurray:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts