Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm replacing the headliner in my '67. It think i'm missing a piece. What is supposed to hold the headliner and headliner moulding accross the top of the rear window. There are metal pieces that start around teh top corners of the rear window and go down the sides but nothing across the top of the window that would hold moulding. New roof brace kits online don't show a piece like this and I have called multiple places. Where can I find this part?! I have a pic of this area of my car that I could email if someone needs to see what I'm referring to. THanks for any info!

-Andy

·
Registered
297 Posts
My new 69 roof brace kit came with 3 pieces that llok like that is it..2 side curved pieces and a straight center piece..give me a few minutes and I will open the box back up and take a couple pics to make sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you get your kit? All of the kits i've seen so far also have 3 similar pieces (two side and the one for the front, but not the rear). Are you sure that straight piece isn't for the front? Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Now I'm not sure which end it goes on..you could be right..I havent actually looked at my car for 6 months or more..I am still collecting parts.ordered this kit,got it last week and these pieces were in it..I havent compared them to the car yet.

·
Registered
479 Posts
hey carve67 is it the plastic strip that seals the headliner from the rear glass as in i windlace for the headliner or something???? if so i found one that's a three piece it has two plastic sides that are long and a short one for the middle, im not sure at all though that's all i see in my catalogue....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its crazy that they make the front and the side pieces in the kits but not the one for the top of the rear window. I mean, if you need the kit you probably need ALL of the pieces. Anyways I found one off a car on ebay. Thanks for the replies though. Take it easy.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Its crazy that they make the front and the side pieces in the kits but not the one for the top of the rear window. I mean, if you need the kit you probably need ALL of the pieces. Anyways I found one off a car on ebay. Thanks for the replies though. Take it easy.
can you get a picture of that though so i can see what you are talking about i might have to get the same thing not sure. Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
what does it look like...you got me wondering if I have a front or rear one in my kit..
hey greg if its the headliner windlace set i think, then it's probably the one for the back window it has two sides that are kind of long and shaped like your back window with a center piece that ties the two in is that the one you have????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts